Intellectual Property & Business Law
I provide businesses and their owners with business and legal counsel during key points of the decision-making process. By partnering with clients from start-up through sale, I become intimately aware of the clients' business models and goals and provide tailored, cost-effective strategies aimed at reducing risk, maximizing revenue, and improving your bottom line.
Moreover, because intellectual property rights are vital to my clients' businesses, I strive to provide them with the most effective legal solutions to safeguard their interests.
Representative services include:
- Considering business Formation and governance issues.
- Evaluating intellectual property interests, including trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Managing workplace risk.
- Offering day-to-day advice and training to reduce the likelihood of employment-related demands, charges, and litigation.
- Drafting and revising employee and supervisor policies and handbooks.
- Conducting manager and employee training.
- Considering issues of hiring and firing, discipline, wage-and-hour, medical and other leave, harassment and discrimination.
- Reviewing restrictive covenants, employment contracts, severance agreements, and other regulations affecting employment.
- Vigorously defending employment discrimination and related claims.